I just love the holiday’s, especially when the opportunity arises to go away. The thought of a relaxing time away with the family sounds like a dream come true.It should be, but unfortunately before we can begin to set on our way to paradise, the hard work begins for Mom. (Check out our link to a fail proof holiday packing list)
Yip, no matter if the rest of the family agree or not. If something gets left at home, it is always Mom’s fault. Going on holiday can be very stressful, ensuring that you have everything you need, yet not too much. The balance is vital! To ensure that you can go away this holiday with all the essentials, taking up as little time as possible and making sure it is stress free, I have put together a holiday check list for you to use as a guide line. I have put together a few suggestions to help you along the way.
- Take your gadgets and chargers and pack them together in a zip lock bag.
- Pack a small box of washing powder in case the kids have an accident, or you are running low on underwear.
- If you are going to the beach, pack some baby powder. This is a great way to remove the sand off of legs and feet.
- Pack a bag to put dirty laundry in. This way it will not get mixed up with your clean washing and upon returning home, it is easy to separate.
- Take an extra light weight bag that can be used for the beach or when you are site seeing.
- When packing your clothes, try and take simple outfits that you can dress up or down, this will save space.
- Those cheap disposable shower caps are great for covering the bottom of your shoes.
- To ensure that you can fit as much as possible into your bag, rather roll the cloths than fold them, especially for the kids.
- Take their t-shirt and lay it down first, on top lie the shorts/skirt and underwear. Roll it up. This way the clothing for that day is already sorted and easy to unpack.
- Don’t forget to pack an extra pair of flip-flops to use in public showers.
- Ensure that you pack a double adapter to charge your devices.
- It is worth buying a small sewing kit as you never know when the need will arise.
- Make a list of all medication needed for the whole family a few days prior to leaving to ensure that you don’t forget about anything.
- Prescription medication and scripts are often hard to fill when you are away, so ensure that you do so before leaving.
- Don’t forget to have a travel first aid kit. You will find some suggestions on the packing list.
- If you are traveling abroad, ensure that you pack a few essentials in your hand luggage, just in case your bag does go missing.
- Make sure that you have a copy of all essential documentation, packed separately to the originals, in case they go missing. At least you have a temporary back up.
- Before leaving home, ensure that you have turned your geyser off, your fridge is clear of any food that can go off and you have emptied your rubbish bins.
Click Here to Download Your Magic Moms Holiday Items Check List !
I hope you found this list helpful. Happy packing and enjoy your Holiday!
If you enjoyed this article, why not join us on social media or share with your Friends and Family.